Featured Post

[Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction

  I recently bought this book copy for a read and review. Name: [Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction Auth...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Philips DVP3996 DVD Player


I had this great DVD Player for a while and all that I played with it were region free DVDs some pirated, some original or movies and music through the USB drive.

I was mighty happy with the way this DVD player performed.

It was very recently when I bought my new Home Theatre that I started buying new original, 5.1 hard-coded DVDs. The moment I inserted the very first disc all hell broke loose.

Error – Incorrect Region code

Of course we all have heard of it. But despite everything that I did I never located a way to change the region code to either code free or to an India region.

Guess who came to the rescue – Google!

I googled, browsed through a lot of websites only to find that nothing works for my Philips DVD player DVP 3996.

A couple of hours more and I finally found out that I need to enter a code on the ‘Preference’ page. But, inside the setup I could not find any mention of ‘Preference’.

Now I was dumb founded. I had the solution with me but had no clues on how to apply it. Another couple of hours went down the drain when I chanced upon the right way to unlock my Philips DVP3996 DVD Player.

I am mentioning the same here so that someone looking for it might be benefitted. Here they are:

  1. Press Setup
  2. Go to ‘Preference’ page
    1. Preference Page is displayed only in the following two conditions

i. only when the tray is open; or

ii. there is no disc in the drive

  1. Once you see the preference page do not click anything
  2. Then enter 138931-current region shows on TV screen,
  3. Use cursor to change the region to 0 [zero]
  4. Press ok
  5. Now play the same disc
  6. It will ask for Password
  7. The default password is ‘136900’

And Eureka!! All should be well!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi your post was extremely helpful. Thanks a ton.
    Regards
    Hari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone!
    Just wanted too say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your
    posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

    my homepage :: Eric D Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot.
    I was seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.


    Here is my page :: Suresh Babu Gaddam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete