Featured Post

[Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction

  I recently bought this book copy for a read and review. Name: [Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction Auth...

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mahatma Gandhi in an Ad. Do Indians Know?



I got a forward with a link saying that this is an ad which features the great Mahatma Gandhi. I clicked on the link and was immediately directed to ‘Youtube’. To my utter surprise, this ad was of an Italian telecom giant (Telecom Italia) and was an award winner when it came out in the year 2004.

This is a 60 second ad and is titled “Sa avesse potuto comunicare così oggi che mondo sarebbe? Telecom Italia. Comunicare e vivere.” The rough translation of the same reads as “What would the world be like if only he could have communicated like this. Telecom Italy. Communicating and Living”.

In the ad film Mahatma Gandhi is shown as saying: ““If you want to give a message it must be a message of ‘Love’, it must be a message of ‘Truth’. I want to capture your hearts. Let your hearts clap in unison with what I’m saying. A friend asked yesterday, ‘Did I believe in one world?’ How can I possibly do otherwise, of course I believe in one world”.

The music used during the Telecom Italia Gandhi TV ad is ‘The Sacrifice”, performed by Lisa Gerrard (formerly lead singer with Dead Can Dance) and instrumentalist Pieter Bourke.

Here is the ad:



No comments:

Post a Comment