Featured Post

[Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction

  I recently bought this book copy for a read and review. Name: [Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction Auth...

Friday, May 1, 2009

Words



I was sitting in my room this summer and was cleaning my closet. It was then that i laid my eyes on this hardbound pamphlet with the title 'Words'. It immediately caught my attention and i quickly recalled that it was given to me by one of my elder cousins who is a big shot in a pharma giant in India.

I don't know what to call it, prose, poetry or just a couple of lines here and there sewn together. Whaterver it may be called i care the least, but all that i know is that this makes for a great read and gets you up and thinking in a jiffy. So here it is:



"A careless word may kindle strife,
A cruel word may wreck a life,

A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless."


And here is another one I found on the net that fits the bill nicely:


"We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and we are then master of the situation."


-- Florence Scovel Shinn Artist, Teacher and Author



No comments:

Post a Comment