Featured Post

[Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction

  I recently bought this book copy for a read and review. Name: [Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction Auth...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Private India - A Review




Author: James Patterson & Ashwin Sanghi
Front CoverLanguage: English
Length: 480 pages

Publisher: Random House


This book is a continuation of the popular ‘Private’ novel series by James Patterson. He has chosen to make India his next destination of choice to appear in the ‘Private India’ (possibly the first of the series with many more to come). The one thing that surprised me and got me down to reading this book was James teaming up with Ashwin Sanghi. Most of the people who have read Ashwin, know him as someone who creates great scripts with good narration but gets inspired by mythology. However, this book is not mythology but, is all current times. So, it indeed is a bit surprising. But, what matters is the final product, if it is digestible, believable, comprehensible, follow able, cry able, laugh able all at some point then it will be a good product. I read through the book at rapid pace to put this book to the above test and see what comes out. Read on to know how the book fares.


I was quite keen to read this book as two great authors seem to have come together to produce a book. The offer on the table was too good to resist the launch. Thanks to Blogadda, I got the book from them and got immediately down to business of reading it. I finished the book on Sunday (one day reading) – hopefully this will give you an idea of how I found the book.

As I said, I had set high expectations from the book and I was hoping against hope that I am not proven wrong.

Script: The book is nicely scripted and even a first timer to the series will not feel that he doesnot know much about it. You will not be left in the dark. The script easily ticks all the boxes that make a thriller. It has pace, suspense and if that is not enough then a lot of drama especially from the lead character Santosh Wagh. The character is digestible, believable. My 4.5 on 5 on the script.

Narration: I would like to say that the narration of this book is close to perfect. It varies the pace every now and then to keep you interested just when in the middle of the book the interest levels start waning. Rapid pace and a complete page turner. It is not always that you find a book that is easy to read, easy to understand and yet tempts you to eat and gobble every word as quickly as you can. My 5 on 5 to the writers.

Plot: the plot is what we buy a book for. This book for sure is the real deal. The plot is something that I was not able to guess correctly and kudos to the two for scripting the mystery and plot in such a great manner. By the time the light of the day dawns on us Sherlock’s it is a little too late for us and the authors have won the day.

Overall: I would say that overall this is a great read and I would give it a rating of 4.5 on5.


This review is a part of the biggest http://blog.blogadda.com/2011/05/04/indian-bloggers-book-reviews" target="_blank"> Book Review Program
for http://www.blogadda.com" target="_blank">Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete