Featured Post

[Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction

  I recently bought this book copy for a read and review. Name: [Book Review] Jasmine Builds on Shifting Sands: A Self-help Fiction Auth...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Reviewed-Citizen ProMaster Navihawk World Time Chronograph # JN0040-58L




Practical, Precious & Smart

This is my newest Citizen and newest watch – added to my collection on 20th July 2013, lovingly presented to me by my wife. Please note that this watch is part of the Citizen collection and goes by the name “Citizen ProMaster Navihawk World Time Chronograph # JN0040-58L”. This is part of the Eco Drive watch series of Citizen and is the only NaviHawk series of watches that have been launched officially in India. It can be found on Citizen watches India website. Also, please note that this is the 1st generation Navihawk. It is no longer offered in stores/websites apart from in India and some select countries I guess. This watch series is now in its 3rd generation with several advanced features and are in the INR 35,000 plus range.

Some of the official ads for this series of watches are following: 

I own about few other watches from brands including, Timex, Casio, Fossil, Espirit, Skagen and this watch is the best that I like. There is no one reason that I choose to make this as my main watch. There are several, listed some of them below. Before I go there, some pics of the watch:

(The packing)

 (The Backside)

Some of the features that stood out and made the deal for me are:
      1)      Professional Blue Angels Pilots Watch
      2)      Flight Time and distance calculation
      3)      Time and Calendar in 22 Time Zones (30 Cities)
      4)      Digital Display (must for me)
      5)      One-Touch Interchangeable Analog/Digital Times
      6)      Luminous Hands and Markers for increased night and dive  visibility
      7)      Movement Made In Japan
      8)      Hand retracting system to ensure clear view of digital display
      9)      Selectable zone setting to reduce number of displayed cities
     10)   Easy setting/removal of daylight saving adjustment
     11)   3 Separate Alarms
     12)   Eco-Drive (recharged by any light source, no need to change battery)
     13)   Over charge protection
     14)   Calendar programmed from 1994 to 2099
     15)   Usual suspects – chrono, timer, etc
     16)   Warranty Official Citizen 1 Year International 
     17)      Dimensions - 42mm Diameter, 12mm Thickness (small not too big, so can look good on any wrist)


The good thing about this watch apart from the fact that it looks brilliant is that it is not too large and can look good on small-medium wrists men. It is a combination of practicality; good looks (drop dead gorgeous) and compactness that made me go for the same even though it is 1st gen. 

Flipkart shipped it quite fact infact and I had my watch within 3 days of ordering. However, the downer was that the warranty card was not stamped. As usual, you try and you decide. My 5 on 5 for this watch.


There are a lot of good models available in the market. What you choose is going to be your personal flavor, the functions you covet, and the depth of your pocket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment